Women In Small Business
More people need to know about the ongoing research conducted by the National Women's Business Council. Help me to spread the message. If you think it's important to raise awareness about women in small business in today's economy, please share this post using the share buttons above and below for your favorite bookmarking site.
According to the National Women's Business Council (U.S.):
Women-owned businesses continue to represent one of the fastest-growing segments of the economy. The latest Census figures indicate the number of women-owned businesses is growing at a rate twice as fast as men-owned businesses.
More interesting facts from the National Women's Business Council:
- 77% of women founded their own businesses... of these, 72% had never owned businesses before
- Nearly 2/3 of women-owned businesses have full time paid employees
- 58% of women small business owners do not have a bachelor's degree
- Number of women-owned businesses in the United States: 7.8 million
- Only 19% of women business owners are minorities
- When it comes to wages, women still earn only 80.2 cents for every dollar a man earns
Women transform businesses.
Check out this fascinating article from FastCompany Magazine: Meet The League of Extraordinary Women: 60 Influencers Who Are Changing The World. These accomplished women from around the globe will inspire you to achieve more in your small business than you ever thought possible.
Women are powerful agents of change, yet often undervalued. But make no mistake -- the world (and your community) desperately needs your vision, your expertise, strength and compassion.
To women in business,
Home Business in Today's Economy
P.S. Discover how Ann went from frustrated network marketer to 6 figures using innovation. 'Average' just didn't cut it. Now she's revealing her entire business
model here: Renegade Network Marketer
If you liked this post, please share and leave your comments.
© 2010-2012. All rights reserved. CindyMcMillan.com