Email marketing is more budget-friendly than other methods and helps build loyalty and trust with customers. If done right, it can be profitable for any business, no matter what kind of product or service you offer. With valuable content and consistent communication, you generate more sales and more profits!
The foundation for successful email marketing is a targeted, permission-based email list. If you’ve built up a list of opt-in subscribers that are qualified and interested in what you have to offer, then you’ve completed the first step.
Below you’ll find 5 list-building and retention ideas that will help you get results from your email marketing activities:
1. Provide useful, relevant content. Your visitors will not give you their email addresses just because they can subscribe to your newsletter free of charge. You have to provide unique and valuable information that will be of interest or use to them.
2. Add subscription forms to your social media pages. Make sure that you don’t waste this valuable source of revenue opportunities. Integrate your sign-up forms with Facebook and more!
3. Make it easy for readers to sign up. The more information you request, the fewer people will opt-in. In most cases, a name and an email address should suffice.
4. Provide samples of your newsletters and Ezines. This lets potential subscribers review your materials before they sign up to determine if it’s something they’d be interested in.
5. Give gifts subscribers can actually use. Offer an opt-in bonus for joining your subscriber list. Everyone likes to get something for free! And if you pass out “goodies” throughout the year, your subscribers will feel truly appreciated − and that’s good for business!